Material Handling & Warehousing
Inventories can reach many millions of dollars. You need a good warehouse to store, keep and protect all those millions of dollars. In this course, we will discuss the best and the latest methods to store and protect high value inventories.We will also discuss the best characteristics of a modern warehouse. Knowing what you have and how much you have are the keys to proper warehousing management. We will explore the various methods to achieve record accuracy and successful cycle counting. A scientific method of auditing the warehouse will be applied.
This workshop has been organized according to an established set of performance objectives defining and describing what you should be able to accomplish upon the completion of this workshop as follows :
- How to define different types of warehouses Processes layout.
- How to manage warehousing controls and KPIs.
- How to maintain proper warehouse safe environment.
- What to do when outsourcing warehousing services.
- How to control material transportation and handling.
- Warehousing overview
- Warehouse design & Layouts
- Role of Supervisors in Warehousing
- Product Characteristics & implications on warehousing
- Material handling equipment & warehouse facilities
- Packaging, utilization & Logistics Engineering
- Material cycle control
- Reverse Logistics
- Distribution and order processing control
- Warehouse management systems
- Industrial health and safety
- Outsourcing & offline warehousing
- Principles of transportation
- Transportation Management Systems
- Logistics information systems
Warehousing and production supervisors and managers
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 20 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes