Sustainable Development Solutions
This project capitalizes on the support given to OUDA by UNDP since the establishment of the former in 1992 to enhance its institutional capacity to support the Implementation of sustainable development projects, supportive of national priorities.
The project undertakes activities in the areas of:
- Establishing and operationalizing the Cairo South-South Development Academy
- Undertaking a feasibility study for the set up and operationalization of Trust Fund to support UNDP development activities
- Allocating funding for the replication of current successful UNDP projects focusing on youth employment, poverty reduction, women empowerment for scaling up
- Implementing a leadership training programs for selected government employees
Collaboration with Egyptian ministries, national institutions, UNDP projects, civil society organizations and other stakeholders will be pursued to ensure the success of the project.
The project outputs:
- Cairo South-South Development Academy (CSSDA) established and operational as a chapter of the Global South-South Development (GSSD) Academy
- Feasibility study for the set of a Trust Fund to support UNDP Development
- Priority development activities implemented through ongoing UNDP projects
- Leadership training program
To be implemented by the UNDP & Operational Unit for Development Assistance OUDA